Mornings can be a pain, I run around getting things ready to go and sometimes I don’t have time to sit down and eat breakfast. I’m well aware that this can really mess up my day and my mood. Having a high metabolism doesn’t really help when you only eat a banana as you are leaving to catch the train. I’m guilty of packing lunches and eating them before it’s even lunch time, and when I don’t eat breakfast and pack my lunch that lunch doesn’t even make to the office. I do make an effort to try to eat something, but cooking in the mornings is not my forte.
In the past I made mason jar parfaits, egg muffins, protein drinks, etc. but I wanted something that can keep me full and can be easy to grab and go. So I decided to look around and see if I would find something new, that’s when I came across a recipe for Baked Oatmeal Snack Bars by Kath Eats. I used her recipe as a guideline but made a few changes so I could work with the ingredients that I had at home without having to go out and buy anything new.
Here is what I used to make 12 servings.
- 2.5 cups of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 cups of mixed berries
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/8 cup of honey (You can also use agave syrup)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups of almond milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your over at 350 degrees
- Mix all dry ingredients together (except for the berries)
- Mix all wet ingredients together
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl
- Mix well
- Add berries to the mixture
- Mix gently
- Line your cupcake tin with paper liners
- Pour the mixture evenly into cupcake tin cups
- Bake for 45 minutes