For those who are trying to eat a healthy paleo diet but are craving a treat once in a while, I have the perfect chocolate cookies recipe for you.
So let’s get started:
- 3 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup of agave nectar, or organic honey
- 1/2 cup of melted organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 of dark chocolate chips or cacao nibs – I used a bar of 75% dark free-trade organic chocolate and broke it down to little pieces to create the chocolate “chunky” cookies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Combine all the dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a large bowl and mix together
- Combine all the wet ingredients into a separate bowl and mix together
- Combine wet and dry ingredients then add 1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto your parchment and place in the oven.
- Bake cookies for 7 to 10 minutes
- Pull the cookies out and let them cool off, they may seem a bit undercooked, but don’t worry once they are cooled off a bit they will be fine.
- To store them put in a plastic or glass container and keep refrigerated.
If you enjoy this recipe, check out my Paleo/Vegan recipe for Tomato Basil Soup.