We all know that Valentine’s Day is really just an excuse to eat absurd amounts of chocolate and not feel quite as bad after, so why not pack as many different kinds of chocolate into one thing as possible? That’s why I made these Quad Chocolate Cookies which have white, milk, and dark chocolate chips in a chocolate cookie base. They were very easy to make and turned out really delicious. I mainly used this as a way to clean out our pantry of partial bags of chocolate chips, so this is very customizable. Feel like using all white chocolate? Go for it! Have a block of chocolate that needs to be broken up? Why not? Telling yourself that chocolate is okay to eat as long as it’s 80% dark chocolate? Don’t let me stop you. Keeping it around 12oz total of the additions is probably a good idea though.
Ingredients for 20ish cookies:
- 1/4lb room temperature, unsalted butter
- 1/2c light brown sugar
- 1/2c granulated sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1/3c unsweetened cocoa
- 1c AP flour
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp kosher salt
- 4oz white chocolate chips
- 4oz milk chocolate chips
- 4oz dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and both sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, mix until incorporated.
- Add cocoa, mix until incorporated.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together, add to the mixing bowl in stages.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Drop about a tablespoon of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, let cool on a cooling rack.